About the Campaign
Program outputs are;
500 children and youth enrolled, followed up and supervised in schools, colleges and vocational training centers throughout five years of the project.
- Non Formal Education system developed and operating at residential care centre by 2007 and 100 children and youth access non formal education services throughout five years of the project.
- 100 youths trained in street business education throughout five years of the project.
- 100 youths placed and followed up at apprenticeships throughout five year of the project.
- 100 children trained in tailoring and computer use throughout five years of the project.
As a result the following problems that this project is intending to help solve will be addressed;
- Orphans and street children in Kilimanjaro region who have no access to education (development) services due to poverty and other reasons will have access to these services. These orphans and street children will be identified both from the streets of Moshi and Arusha towns and in the communities of Uru and Kibosho. After identification of these children they will be re-enrolled directly to schools or indirectly through Non Formal Education (MEMKWA).
- Few initiatives that address this problem of orphans and street children who have no access to education (development)services in Kilimanjaro region will have a co-partner (Kili Centre) in this field as a result of the implementation of this project. Kili Centre will collaborate and network with these initiatives for the purposes of program exchanges and learning sessions about this field.
- Orphans and street children who have no access to Non-Formal Education classes (MEMKWA) will have access to it through this project by using both Street, Institutional and Community based approaches. This project will initiate Non Formal classes on the streets and at residential care centre and will be referring children with this need in communities of Kibosho and Uru to already initiated Non formal classes in these communities.
- Boys and girls on the streets whose positive strengths and skills related to survival and informal income generation remain unarticulated and unrecognized by mainstream society will have an opportunity through both street, institutional and community based approaches by being provided with Street Business Education, tailoring and computer knowledge and skills.
- Orphans and street children in Kilimanjaro region who are subjected to wide and extreme violations of their rights will be disengaged from these situations through their participation in this project.